Order your copy of Laine -a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks
Brought to us by people who cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life.
Laine includes patterns from leading knitwear designers; insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool; interviews; exciting travel articles; seasonal recipes; and strong, visual storytelling.
Issue 8 of Laine Magazine, Kelo, includes:
· 140 pages
· 11 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: Justyna Lorkowska, Denise Bayron, Libby Jonson, Julie Dubreux, Leeni Hoimela, Astrid Troland, Sus Gepard, Éveline Cantin-Bergeron, Jenny Sauselein and Marjorie Martin.
· an interview with Susan Crawford
· a long-format story about Ocean Rose
· ‘my story’ by Pauline Copin-Herriot of Lain’amourée
· a column by Jeanette Sloan
· seasonal recipes
· a travel guide to the magazine’s hometown, Tampere, featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop
Patterns & Yarns
Yarn: BFL Masham DK by The Woolly Mammoth, colourway Peony.
Yarns: Shadow DK by Viola, colourway Down to the Wire. Mohair Lace by Viola, colourway Rose Gold Dust.
DAVVI, fingerless mitts
Yarn: Hampshire 4ply by The Little Grey Sheep, colourways Naturally (MC), Dragonglass (CC1), Diesel (CC2), Perfect Storm (CC3).
Yarn: Tukuwool Fingering by Tukuwool, colourways Runo (MC), Mantu (CC1) and Aava (CC2).
Yarn: Devonia DK by John Arbon textiles, colourways Sandbar (MC), Burnished Bronze (CC1), Dark Skies (CC2) and Pollen Gold (CC3).
Yarn: Luft by Woolfolk, colourway L6 Black.
Yarn: Tandem by West Wool, colourway Pebble.
Yarn: Domestic Fingering by Magpie Fibers, colourways Selkie and Cinder.
Yarn: Owl by Quince & Co., colourway Elf.
Yarns: Hera DK by Tréliz, colouway Silver. Silk Mohair by Katia Concept, colourway 215.
BRIOCHE BUDDIES, wrap
Nancy Marchant & Stephen West
1) Nancy’s version: Ulysse by De Rerum Natura, colourways Poivre et Sel and Fauve.
2) Stephen’s version: High Twist BFL by Qing Fibre, colourway Okinami (MC). Melted Baby Suri by Qing Fibre, colourways Smoke (CC1), Sage (CC2), Slate (CC3) and Sponge (CC4).
Yarn: Fingering Silky Merino by Sundara Yarn, colourway Make a Wish.